Tuesday 29 March 2011

MISS CONNAN REPORTS FROM LONDON

Dear all, everything is going well here. I don't even think of school or miss what is going on there. I love every minute. The people are very friendly and helpful. I have even come across people from South Africa and Namibia. The rehearsals have been fine. The first one was a nightmare as I was still bombed from the flight which was far too long. Next time I will take a direct flight! I practised the Shostakovitch Festival overture at my Corsa speed on Kommetjie road, but when the piece started we had stepped in a Porsche going down the Autobahn with throttles wide open. Needless to say I nearly had a heart attack. The people in the orchestra are mostly London and Philharmonic members. They are friendly and helpful. The stardard of music is unbelievable, but not as good as back home in South Africa. After the first rehearsal the conductor brought me and a friend home, but we first went to the Dickens Inn at Tower Bridge which was lovely. I have been walking myself to death. I was caught in a march on Saturday which was fun. I took some photos of me standing in front of the riot police. There are sales everywhere in London, but everything is made in China or Bangladesh....really! I'll soon send some photos. Take care. From Your Honourable Susan B. Connan.

No comments:

Post a Comment